

Ah yes, Work In Progress. Isn't it all just a work in progress?
This guy has been occupying my #6 needles for a month or two now. The back is done and I'm about a third of the way through the front pieces. It has seen many a stalled subway train. The NYC MTA has not been particularly helpful lately in terms of my being punctual, and frankly, I need all the help that I can get with that.
I am amused by the fact that I have piles of real vintage knit patterns and boxes of real vintage yarn and yet I sought this out this spring because it had a section devoted to patterns based on vintage knit patterns. Then I had to go out and buy more (thankfully on-sale) yarn.
I think it was the allure of 5 st/inch versus 8.5 st/inch. Plus there's no guesswork in figuring out which yarn for which pattern.
Eventually it will be this. Then maybe I will have to find a lighthouse to serve as a backdrop for my photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment