Monday, February 05, 2007

Slowly Making Headway





I always have about a million projects going at any one time.

This is good for my short-attention span days, but bad for ever actually finishing anything. It allows me to just pick up something new rather than attend to those not-so-fun nit-picky details: buttons, hems, etc. This shirt has been (literally) hanging around waiting for me to finish the hem for a month or so—all so I could knit some yarn swatches, make bias strips for napkin-edging, work on a new bathrobe, etc.

The pattern is vintage and was actually originally a dress. I bought the fabric from MakeMe, a wonderful vintage fabric store. It seems that they have a brick-and-mortar outpost in Barnardsville, NC. Their fabric is quite lovely! I want most of it, but do not have time or space for such dreams.

Thankfully I can cross this lovely off of my to-do list now, though I guess I should wait until the temperature rises at least above freezing before it can make it's debut at the office.
Ah, winter.
I guess it would make sense to go knit a few rows on that half-finished vest.

No comments: